Meditation Through Water



Every few years I reacquaint myself with the philosophy of Buddhism. The essence of Buddhist philosophy is to be in the present and not get swept away by your emotions. I'm an excellent worrier and my feelings run very deep, so this philosophy is a real challenge for me.

But being beside a water feature, be it a natural stream or one of our ponds, makes it so much easier to relax. When I stare at the water, I can feel my shoulders loosen. My mind becomes so blissfully blank that I sometimes feel sleepy. 

I so appreciate the meditative quality of water. Being around it helps me reconnect with my roots. I'm just an animal, after all. When I'm sitting still and watching the fish and the dragonflies and the gentle sway of a lily blossom in the current, I forget my to-do lists, my calendars, my alarms, my worries. I'm just a creature again, acknowledging my tiny part in this great ecosystem.

-- Kasey

Comments

Popular Posts