Everyone Deserves to Feel That Peace

 


It was April of 2020. That's the time of year I take a full day to clean up my flower beds and put a fresh layer of mulch down. I usually very much look forward to this task of sprucing up the yard. It makes such a beautiful place to enjoy and it's the only work I really had to do since I had no grass.

But I had a particularly bad week. Truthfully I don't even remembers why. Regardless, I was in a bad way. About halfway through the day I was just steaming. Staci finally said, "what's going on baby?" I did not know. I was just mad. She convinced my to take a break, sit by the pond and she would fetch a snack and some sweet tea for me.

As I waited for her, I sat in one of our comfy chairs by the pond. It was the one we considered the "prime viewing seat" as it was situated in such a way that the deepest part of the pond was right at my feet. That's where the fish always got their snacks. The main waterfall was clearly audible to my left. I love that natural sound. And with a slight glance to my left, I could see that waterfall along with two others hiding just under the canopy of our big Japanese maple tree. 

Within ten minutes of sitting down, I was back to normal. Watching the fish come by and check me out as I pondered their actions. Hearing and seeing the flowing water gurgling toward me pushed all the ill feelings away and instantly filled me with peace.

I don't often have bad days. But I do fill up on a little "Pond Time" almost every single day. It's my meditation. I sometimes find that I get so relaxed that I lose all track of time. I don't know if water effects everyone the same way it does me, but I hope you have something in your life that eliminates the dark and absorbs the light. Everyone deserves to feel that peace.

-- Steve

Comments

Popular Posts